Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday-Green Cleaning


My quest has been to find a green cleaner that worked on my bathtub. You think that's easy? Well, I've already revealed to all that my husband is a perpetual bath taker. That, plus 4 kids taking a "tub" each day makes for one serious ring around the tub! I used to use Toilet Bowl Cleaner Gel to clean it. I know, horrible! But there was really nothing else that would touch the ring. Switching to green cleaners has left me dissapointed with the ring around the tub problem. Enter in Shaklee's Scour Off Paste. It is intended for really tough jobs, which I just assumed to be ovens. The lightbulb went off in my head to try it, so I pulled it out yesterday....like magic I tell ya! Best of all, you only need a little to clean and it smells very light, and pleasant. TOTALLY Non-Toxic! Try it, it worked for me!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, just came over from your post. I will have some reading to do tonight. The problem with us up here in Canada is we are limited to products available. I heard Oprah talk about Shaklee's and she raves about it. When I visit Maine in the spring I may look it up or better yet look for a site to order....if they will ship it across the border.

CC said...

Love this idea and love your blog! Thanks for helping us green up!!

Gruppie Girl said...

I will have to check it out.

Personally, I clean my tub with a mixture of baking soda and laundy detergent. Mix it into a frosting consistantcy. It will lightly scrub away your stains without scratching.

Crunchy Domestic Goddess said...

great tip. :) i like to use baking soda for the tub.

hey, i saw a month or so ago that i won a shirt from your giveaway, but i don't know that i ever got an email from you and whether or not i sent you my mailing address. could you please email me? amygeekgrl AT gmail DOT com
thanks so much. i can't wait to get that shirt! :)

Donielle said...

I use baking soda too. But I also put a few sprays of vinegar on it and the bubbles will eat away at the tough stuff. Super cheap too.
I may have to try some of that Shaklee's stuff though. Sometimes our hard water makes for some extra scrubbing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your tip. I use Borax. It's an all natural mineral mined in Death Valley California and sells for about $3 a box here in the States. It's awesome! My daughter and I both takes baths every day and I ahve never seen my bathtub and shower look so sparkling